Step I: Finish your short story if you have not already done so. Submit it for publication on your blog. Remember to submit as a Page and title it Creative Short Fiction.
Step II: Create a new cyberjournal post in which your reflect upon your learning during the short fiction unit. This reflection should be published as a post. The category is cyberjournal, sub-category is Creative Short Fiction
Things to reflect upon:
- Collaboration: What was it like creating many aspects of your story in a group? What type of group member were you? What did your participation in the group look like? Looking back, what would you change about your participation and why?
- Assignment requirements: Does your short story meet all of the requirements? Did you complete your work prior to all of the deadlines? What are your thoughts on the peer review process? Was it help or not and why? Looking back, what would you change in your peer review letter?
- Creation: In class, we studied specific literary aspects of creative short fiction. We read, discussed and analyzed characterization, setting, dialogue, conflict, tone and theme. Select specific passages from your short story that demonstrate your knowledge of these literary devices and your ability to use them in your writing.
- Relationship: Discuss the relationship your story has with the stories of your group members. How do the stories, characters or conflicts connect? Was it difficult to connect your writing with the other stories? Why or why not?
- Pride: What is your favorite part of your short story? What are you most proud of in your short story?