- What does it mean to create and maintain an online identity safely?
In this unit, students will investigate informational texts on Internet safety in order to better understand their own digital footprint as well as the benefits and threats associated with Internet use. Students will construct a written reflection that considers the learning that took place while studying Internet identity.
- Students will set-up and maintain a blog and an online identity.
- Students will understand the requirements of Cyberjournal and Independent Reading.
- Students will reflect upon who they are as a reader.
- Students will discuss how reading and writing are social interactions.
- Students will understand the elements of Internet format.
- “Generation Plagiarism”
- “Are You a Cyberbully?”
- “How Privacy Vanishes Online, a Bit at a Time”
- “Social Media, Social Life: How Teens View Their Digital Lives”
- Internet Safety blog post and wordle
RI.9-10.1, RI.9-10.2, RI.9-10.4, RI.9-10.5, RI.9-10.10, W.9-10.3, W.9-10.4, W.9-10.5, W.9-10.7, W.9.10-8, W.9-10.9, SL.9-10.1, SL.9-10.4, SL.9-10.5, L.9-10.1, L.9-10.2, L.9-10.4, L.9-10.6