Over the next few days, you will learn about ways to expand your blogging experience. You will be learning
- How to create a list of links, create link categories, and manage your links
- How to create hyperlinks in a post
- How to insert images
- How to create comments on a blog post
- About comments
- About digital citizenship
- About additional blog enhancements
Blog Lesson Links:
Many of you have commented that you’d like to write blog posts on topics of your own choosing. I think this is a great idea. You could write about movies, sports, your own hobbies or interests, or whatever might be of interest to a general audience. There are some common sense guidelines you must keep in mind, though.
- Your blog is a school sponsored blog, so everything you write must be appropriate for school: language, topic, etc.
- You may never, ever write about friends or problems with friends. Your blog is not a gossip column.
- You must avoid writing about very personal topics. Your blog is not meant to reveal private information.
- Always write for a public audience.
- Know that your teacher has the right to delete inappropriate posts.
- Remember that school assignments come first. If you fall behind in your work. your grade will suffer for it.
- You do not reveal any personal information (last name, address, phone number, etc.)
These optional blog posts are not graded and writing them will not earn extra credit. However, we get better at writing by writing, so the process has its own rewards.
Learn more about responsible blogging, about what makes a good blog post, and what digital citizenship is all about.