You need three entries in your response journal for The Crucible. Each is to be 250 words, minimum. Cite the text in support of your ideas.
- Choose any significant passage. Cite it. Respond to it. Explain what it means, what is happening, or why it’s important.
- Decide which character acts most courageously and explain.
- Decide which character acts most selfishly/unselfishly and explain.
- Decide which character is most sympathetic (which one does the audience feel most sympathetic towards) and explain.
- Show how Mr. Hale changes his thinking over time. Determine what the change is and also the main factors?
- Dicuss how emotions such as fear and guilt affect how people behave.
- Research Voodoo as a religion and explain how elements of it appears in the play. Cite your resources using MLA style.
- Show how greed plays a role in the play. Look at more than one character.
- Decide what your favorite scene in the play is. Explain why it is your favorite.
- Play God: Which person in Salem is most to blame for 19 people losing their lives. Explain fully.